“How I Got Body Confident For My Wedding”
Every gal wants to feel super sexy and body confident on her wedding day. For me, it wasn’t just that I wanted to lose weight, I wanted to feel at my best. I wanted to be the best possible version of myself on my wedding day.
I’ve been working with a brilliant life performance coach on my business for some time now. Antonio Esposito who has created a weight loss coaching programme called the ThinkLean Mind & Body Transformation Journey and I thought the lead up to my wedding was the perfect time to give it a try. It’s a no diet programme that is centred all-around your thoughts and therefore your belief system and how your self-image can influence your relationship with yourself, food and exercise.
What changes did I make?
- Got a personal trainer twice a week.
- Starting doing different types of exercise e.g. swimming/cycling/yoga.
- Entered and completed a 10k trail running race.
- Organised my weekly food shopping.
- Used the MyFitness pal app to track everything I was eating.
- Got into the habit of planning my meals for the week.
- Cut out sugary foods and alcohol consumption.
- Started working out six days a week.
- Made sure I did exercise I enjoy.
- Considered how others might be holding me back from my goal.
- Set very clear goals.
- Did a motivation board of images which represent what I wanted to look like.
- Learning to indulge more intelligently with a completely different approach.
What was my progress?
In three months I started to see some serious changes to my physique. I was stronger, more toned and even started to see some abs appearing. I lost about three inches around my waist, which doesn’t sound a lot, but it was a major achievement for me. And most importantly, I went to my final wedding dress fitting and felt totally confident in how I looked.
I got to marry the love of my life feeling attractive and looking at my best self. I’ve also come out the other side of the programme with a completely different mindset towards health and fitness, particularly food. It’s so much more satisfying when you choose and eat foods that you know are going to give your body goodness, rather than wasted calories.
Thank you, Antonio, for being with me during this amazing journey.